Commuting has never been this secured and hi-tech with the introduction of ABS-CBN’s mobile app called PasaHero.
PasaHero allows commuters to record the mode of transportation that they have chosen to ride and at the same report any incident that may happen while on-the-go. This will help passengers to monitor their safety when traveling.
This new app was first released November of last year both in the App Store and Play Store but was just officially launched recently in collaboration with the Department of Transportation and Communication (DOTC), Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) and Land Transportation Office (LTO).
Current features of the app include the following:
- sign up by connecting via user’s Facebook, Twitter or any valid email accounts
- ability to add up to 5 emergency contacts
- choose between a taxi, bus, jeep or train as mode of transportation
- record the plate number including any important details and a photo
- automatically share status in the connected social media accounts
- has a “Panic Button” for emergency purposes which automatically sends report to the listed emergency contacts
- automatically records a video when in emergency mode
- track distance traveled
PasaHero may still have a lot to improve but it’s promising concept of securing commuters is something new to the growing numbers of Filipino smartphone users. Try it! Anyway, you’ve got nothing to lose as the app is for free. Let us know your experience by commenting below.
Latest posts by Fjordan Allego (see all)
- Signs of a Great Employee - November 2, 2016
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicle vs Drone - October 11, 2016
- AirAsia, Cebu Pacific, PAL issue advisory against use of Samsung Galaxy Note 7 on board - September 12, 2016