With enterprises in Asia Pacific Japan (APJ) continuing to shift their business to the cloud, SAP SE (NYSE: SAP) marked a strong quarter of growth in the region. The company expanded its cloud business in addition to core solutions, strengthening its transformation into the leading cloud company. Customers in both developed markets such as Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) and the emerging markets of South-East Asia continued to choose SAP to help their business run better and simpler.
SAP APJ’s strong performance in Q2 was driven by 48% year-over-year growth in cloud subscriptions and support revenue and robust on-premise business. The company’s concurrent growth in both areas demonstrates that SAP provides flexibility and choice for businesses to deploy technology while helping them transition to the cloud.
ANZ delivered particularly strong results, with triple-digit growth in software revenue in Australia and record revenues in public sector and insurance industries. South-East Asia continued its momentum with buoyant growth including a triple-digit increase in software revenue in Malaysia. Korea also stood out as a top market with double-digit growth.
“We continue to see strong momentum in SAP’s cloud business in Asia Pacific Japan, with customers recognizing our solutions as helping them to improve customer experience and simplify business processes,” said Adaire Fox-Martin, President of SAP APJ. “Combined with core SAP offerings, we continue to find new and innovative ways to help our customers run better.”
Q2 growth for SAP APJ was also complemented by double-digit growth in analytics and platform solutions. The broad adoption of SAP HANA in Q2 was fueled by accelerated growth in SAP Business Suite powered by SAP HANA and increased customer investment in enterprise platform. The company also saw strong customer demand for the ability to predict the future through predictive analytics solutions.
“Among the most innovative applications of SAP, we see enormous opportunity in sports and healthcare for predictive analytics, visualizations and better user experience, as we reinforce our 25-year heritage and commitment to Asia Pacific Japan,” said Fox-Martin.
Customer highlights in Q2:
- Singapore Health Services, the largest healthcare group in Singapore, selected Ariba solutions to replace its current time-intensive, manual purchasing process to improve the visibility of purchasing activities. The Ariba solutions will help Singapore Health Services to improve collaboration with vendors and identification of new suppliers across the entire network.
- Wasco Energy Group of Companies, servicing the global oil and gas industry with presence in Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Norway, China, United Arab Emirates and United States of America, chose Ariba solutions to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of its sourcing cycle and minimize supply risk through greater supplier visibility thereby realizing a significant savings for the Group.
- AGL Corporate Services Pty Limited, is Australia’s leading renewable energy company and is the largest private owner, operator and developer of renewable generation assets. AGL went live with SAP Fiori for purchase order approval and leave request approval. SAP Fiori helps them to simplify their business processes by improving their User Interface and by providing external access to perform workflow tasks.
- Weir Minerals, a division of Weir Group, is an industrial machinery manufacturer serving the mining and minerals industry. Weir Minerals chose SAP Customer 360 over salesforce.com to gain global pipeline visibility, accurate forecasting and a consistent sales methodology globally. With SAP, Weir Minerals plans to improve topline revenue by having a single view of the customer, better managing opportunities and leads, being more responsive to customers, and improving the overall customer experience.
- Bangkok Airways, a leading boutique airline in South East Asia, recently went live with SAP Business Suite powered by HANA and mobile solutions. SAP Business Suite will facilitate real-time data on the go for better management decision making capabilities that can lead up to a 30% improved customer satisfaction.
- Brother launches ADS-2400N Network Scanner for utmost workflow efficiency, productivity - October 9, 2016
- Fortinet holds cyber resiliency discussion with IT professionals - October 2, 2016
- Brother’s effortless Refill Tank System redefines ink refilling - October 1, 2016